Postal address: PO Box 4329, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii USA 96745
Telephone: +1 (808) 325-2365; mobile +1 (808) 796-9043
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
United States of America
Four decades of experience in marine resources utilization and management at all levels of Pacific Island life: from subsistence fisheries on small coral islands and community and marine resources development and conservation to major negotiations on fisheries access, foreign aid, and regional cooperation. Following more than 20 years in progressively more responsible positions in national/regional/international fisheries management and development, 20 years as a consultant in fisheries to international and regional organizations, national governments and private enterprise.
Projects and Assignments:
Over 50 major projects in Pacific Island fisheries and related fields have been undertaken, as well as several longer term advisory assignments in the Pacific Islands region.
Author/co-author of more than 60 publications and technical reports on Pacific Island fisheries and related fields.
- Formulation, planning for implementation, analysis and review of regional and national fisheries policy aimed at EEZ utilization
- Foreign and domestic fleet fishery access regimes, analysis of domestic fisheries investment and resource utilization
- Management of Pacific Island tuna fisheries
- Project review and analysis: vessel acquisition, onshore fisheries support infrastructure, foreign aid procurement
- Management of marine resource assessment projects: sea turtles, tropical demersal bottomfish
- Shark conservation and management
- Sea turtle bycatch mortality mitigation in commercial tuna fisheries
- Industrial fisheries experience: vessel management and administration
- Artisanal fisheries experience: small boat operation, navigation and piloting, fishing techniques, fish handling and marketing
- Cross-cultural experience: Pacific Island culture and history: coral atoll subsistence strategies, canoe voyaging and navigation, Micronesian linguistics